Architectural landmark and one of the most distinctive homes in South East Evanston. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this house, known as the Carter House, was designed in 1910 by architect Walter Burley Griffin and is a recognized leading example of Prairie School architecture. The home has been completely restored with exquisite attention to detail, preserving the character of the home while adding modern conveniences. The first floor features a large living room with huge wood burning fireplace, built-in benches and bookshelves. The dining room has marvelous built-in cabinets. Prominent oak soffits with indirect lighting tie all the rooms together on the first floor. The family room, originally built as an open veranda, has beautiful windows and heated tile floors. The kitchen includes high end appliances, custom oak cabinets, concrete countertops, and wonderful views of the backyard. Architect-designed office space off the kitchen. The light-filled second floor has four bedrooms and two full beautiful bathrooms. The primary suite comprises three rooms: large bedroom, office, and bathroom. Lower-level features mudroom, recreation/exercise room, spacious laundry, workshop, and lots of storage. The home sits on an expansive double lot with beautifully landscaped yard, patio, and tree house. The amazing coach house sits above an unbelievable heated four-car garage and includes sitting room, open kitchenette, bedroom, full bathroom and balcony over the backyard. Truly a special home just a short walk to the beach, train, restaurants, and shops.